Dr. Gürkan Solmaz’s research interests include AI/ML, mobile computing, and cloud-edge systems for novel internet of things (IoT) applications to smart cities and smart mobility.
- F. Cirillo, G. Solmaz, E. L. Berz, M. Bauer, B. Cheng and E. Kovacs “A Standard-based Open Source IoT Platform: FIWARE.” In IEEE Internet of Things Magazine (IoTM), vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 12-18, September 2019.
- G. Solmaz and D. Turgut. “A Survey of Human Mobility Models.” In IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 125711-125731, September 2019.
- G. Solmaz, F.-J. Wu, F. Cirillo, E. Kovacs, J. R. Santana, L. Sanchez, P. Sotres, and L. Munoz. “Toward Understanding Crowd Mobility in Smart Cities through the Internet of Things.” In IEEE Communications Magazine (ComMag), Special Issue on Crowd Management, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 40-46, April 2019.
- F. Cirillo, F.-J. Wu, G. Solmaz, and E. Kovacs “Embracing the Future Internet of Things” In Sensors, January 2019.
- B. Cheng, G. Solmaz, F. Cirillo, E. Kovacs, K. Terasawa, A. Kitazawa “FogFlow: Easy Programming of IoT Services Over Cloud and Edges for Smart Cities.” In IEEE Internet of Things Journal (IoT-J) Special Issue on Internet of Things for Smart Cities, November 2017.
- N.Blefari-Melazzi, S.Bartoletti, L.Chiaraviglio, F.Morselli ,E.Baena, G.Bernini ,D.Giustiniano, M.Hunukumbure, G. Solmaz, K. Tsagkaris, “LOCUS: Localization and Analytics On-Demand Embedded in the 5G Ecosystem,” in Proc. of EuCNC’20, Jun 2020.
- G. Solmaz, J. Fürst, S. Aytac, and F.-J. Wu. “Group-In: Group Inference from Wireless Traces of Mobile Devices.” In Proc. of ACM/IEEE IPSN'20, April 2020.
- B. Cheng, J. Fürst, G. Solmaz, and T. Sanada. “Fog Function: Serverless Fog Computing for Data Intensive IoT Services.” In Proc. of IEEE SCC'19, July 2019. (Best paper)
- G. Larini, G. Romano, M. Falcitelli, S. Noto, P. Pagano, M. Djurica, G. Karagiannis, and G. Solmaz. “Autonomous Driving Progressed by oneM2M – The Experience of the AUTOPILOT Project.” In Proc. of EuCNC'19, June 2019.
- M. Djurica, G. Romano, G. Karagiannis, Y. Lassoued, and G. Solmaz. “oneM2M-Based, Open, and Interoperability IoT Platform for Connected Automated Driving.” In ITS European Congress, June 2019.
- J. Xu, G. Solmaz, R. Rahmatizadeh, L. Boloni, and D. Turgut. “Providing Distribution Estimation for Animal Tracking with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles.” In Proc. of IEEE GLOBECOM'18, December 2018.
- F.J-Wu and G. Solmaz. “CrowdEstimator: Approximating Crowd Sizes with Multi-modal Data for Internet-of-Things Services.” In Proc. of ACM MobiSys'18, pp. 337-349, June 2018.
- F. J. Wu, G. Solmaz, and E. Kovacs. “Toward the Future World of Internet-of-Things.” In Proc. of GIoTS'18, June 2018. (Best paper)
- J. Fürst, M. Fadel Argerich, K. Shankari, G. Solmaz, and B. Cheng. “Applying Weak Supervision to Mobile Sensor Data: Experiences with Transport Mode Detection.” In Proc. of AAAI-20, Workshop on Artificial Intelligence of Things, February 2020.
- G. Solmaz, E. L. Berz, M. D. Farahani, S. Aytac, B. Cheng, J. Fürst, and J. d. Ouden. “Learn from IoT: Pedestrian Detection and Intention Prediction for Autonomous Driving.” In Proc. of ACM MobiCom'19, Workshop on Emerging Smart Technologies and Infrastructures for Smart Mobility And Sustainability, October 2019.